All of S. J. Services’ professional cleaning and facility maintenance staff are carefully selected and highly trained. This allows us to ensure the highest-quality, consistent services for all of our clients, and to be confident in the security of your facility. Our hiring process includes the following comprehensive steps:
- Personal interview with our management team
- Comprehensive background check by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Office of Public Safety, and Criminal History Systems Board for Criminal Offender Record information and Sex Offender Registry Information (CORI/SORI)
- Past employer reference checks
- Mandatory submission of photo identification from an accepted government agency
- Submission of Social Security card, and verification with the Social Security Administration
- Initial 30-day trial period for all new employees.
Every employee is enrolled in our intensive, ongoing training program before they are placed on the job. Based on a model recommended by the Building Services Contractors Association International, they learn the proper handling of all cleaning products, safety procedures, emergency contact protocol and customer service skills. Upon placement, our staff our staff is trained on your facilities specific safety procedures and other requirements. All of our employees are able to communicate in English, providing confidence between management and clients, expectations and safety procedures are clearly understood.
S.J. Services maintains one of the best contract retention rates in the industry. Our employees are one of our greatest strengths. Together, with our successful training program, strong benefits, and incentive programs, we have eliminated the employee turnover problems, which upset clients and plague many of our competitors.